UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the healthcare industry. UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the healthcare industry.
Our team works with massive amounts of data, from many different data sources (data warehouses, websites, flat files, Excel files, Access files, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata). In this role as SQL Server Developer, you will be responsible for bringing in new data sources, ensuring the quality of the data and efficient performance of the processes and improving the quality of existing processes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to stretch your skills and grow in your career. You will never get bored, you will learn something new almost every day. You will have the opportunity to be a primary contributor to the quality of the data that is used across departments to fulfill Business Intelligence analyses, reports, dashboards, campaigns, etc. You will be responsible for acquiring business requirements, documenting, development and testing. You will transform business requirements into technical development which will create business value.
We are a high performing team and are looking for team members with "can do" attitudes who embrace gray areas and challenging opportunities.
If you are located in the Eastern time zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, improve and maintain Microsoft SQL based applications (tables, indexes, constraints, stored procedures, functions, triggers)
- Work with other team members to accomplish key development tasks
- Audit new data for ingestion into the data warehouse
- Audit existing data for quality improvement
- Translate requirements into solutions
- Extract, transform and load big data from different data sources via SSIS and SQL queries
- Work with different teams and customers to help develop and uphold data governance policies and procedures. Ensure standardized data naming conventions, establish consistent data definitions and monitor overall data quality Support other developers in auditing data and improving code performance
- Commit to continuous improvement in methodologies as applied to database design and development
- Tune queries to obtain maximum performance where necessary
- Work with internal and external business teams
- Perform analysis and auditing of data sets to uncover insights
- Communicate effectively to a non-technical audience, understanding their business requirements and applying technical solutions
- Work with many products at the same time, quickly changing priorities to align with ever-changing corporate priorities
- Located in Eastern Time Zone
- 4+ years of T-SQL experience, writing complex queries, stored procedures and functions, query optimization, performance tuning, and index utilization
- Current experience working in a position as a SQL Server Developer (not web experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience doing Data Analysis (analytical and problem-solving skills)
- Strong, consistent work history
- Experience communicating with leaders throughout the company
- Experience with healthcare industry
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Job Title: SQL Server Developer - Telecommute Eastern Time Zone
- Shift: Day Job
- Travel: No
- Business: E&I Marketing
- Family: Information Technology
- Telecommuter Position: Yes
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Overtime Status: Exempt
- City: Miami State: FL
- Country: United States
- Department: E&I Strategic Marketing
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of healthcare forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these individuals, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 14 company. We provide an environment where you’re empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks and in return, offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. Exceeding your limits is an exceptional start to your life's best work. Just like you, we are driven by a set of fundamental principles that are guiding our way forward. Our values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation, and performance serve as a foundation to transform health care. Are you in? Learn more about your future at UnitedHealth Group at http://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com